Thursday, December 30, 2010

Top 5 Worst Movies of 2010


As we come to a close to 2010, We welcome 2011 with open arms. And with hopes in our hearts that 2011 will bring great movies to cinemas across the world. So here's to 2010, thank you for bringing us some really epic movies, and some that are better left in 2010 FOREVER. Here's

Criticize This!'s top 5 Worst Movies of 2010

Note: I have not watched ALL the movies released in 2010 (I have a life -gasp!-). But these are the five that I most regrettably watched.

1. Repomen (2010)


An interesting concept but terrible execution. The movie was poor to say the very least. The acting was very corny - the black and white besties, backstabbing -. We've all seen that, executed in a much better way. Towards the end the movie got confused. It didnt know what to do, so it threw in a so-called 'twist' which totally ruined the movie. I actually felt this movie had potential to entertain me due to its excessive mindless violence and pretty interesting concept. But unfortunately, it did not. It let me down on so many levels. The scope of the movie was very narrow, signs that showed the lack of imagination. I was really hoping for good things for this movie (especially after peers recommended it), but sadly, it ends up in the 2010 Worst Movies list.

2. A Nightmare on Elm Street (2010)


As remakes go, they usually never do justice to the original. And this remake is another perfect example. The directors got the most vital part of the movie wrong - Freddy -. It just was Englund's Freddy. In fact, it was no where near the original Freddy. It was an insult. It was laughable. As for the acting, its like a teen flick plus Freddy. Deaths were boring and unimaginative. Dull and predictable. I was deeply disappointed as Freddy was one of those horror characters that really spooked me as a kid.

3. Karate Kid (2010)


Again, another remake. What shall I say about this movie? Its a movie about a kid learning Kung-fu to join a tournament to beat his bully. Yes, Kung-Fu. And the movies is called Karate Kid. A huge disappointment. Usually Jaden Smith is a pretty good actor, but not in this movie. He appeared whiny and annoying (to me at least).

4. Legion (2010)


A laughable movie. Everything in it is very fake. There is no sense of realism in this movie. The storyline lacked any solidity to it. A very poor take on the Apocalypse. Even God would be disappointed in this movie.

5. Dear John (2010)


A very very very very Corny love story with very minimal variation. Some love it, and some dont. I, on the other hand, hated it. It was boring, dry and lacked originality. It wasn't even at the slightest bit, fresh. Poor acting didn't help either. One I regretted watching (I actually skipped from time to time - yes, it was that boring).


Honourable Mention (because 5 bad movies is always never enough):
These are the movies that let me down (after having such high expectations),

1) Let me In (2010)

I was hoping for a superb horror flick but I ended up disappointed by draggy storyline and very slow pace.

2) Clash of the Titans (2010)

The trailer fooled me. Fooled me Good.

3) Prince of Persia (2010)

I love the game. Hate the movie.

4) The Other Guys (2010)

It was only funny when The Rock and Jackson weren't dead.

5) Gulliver's Travels (2010)

Was just hoping for more from Jack Black.

Those I didn't Watch, And thank God I didn't:

1) Skyline (2010) - Trailer told me that this movie was filled with C-grade actors acting out a B-grade Story.

2) Avatar: Last Airbender (2010) - Again, Trailer saved me from watching this Epic failure.

Well Folks, Thats my Worst Movies of 2010. I know, I know, There are definitely far worse movies that I've missed. But thats exactly it. I missed them because they are THAT bad.
Fortunately, Coming Soon - Criticize This!'s Top 5 Best Movies of 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment